Saturday, May 29, 2010

The H2H8 "background stamping" challenge resulted in a NEW Blog Topper for me (yaay!)

This card also helped me make the top 5 this week (6/4/2010):

This weeks Heart 2 Heart challenge was to create something using stamps for your background. I was inspired by Helen O's card and knew that I wanted to use the fun "argyle" looking stamp from the upcoming June SOTM - D1422 Wonderful Friend. This is my standard size card that resulted, also inspired by Wishes - Lucky Layers (p. 27). I used the "stamp-rolling" technique to give my argyle background a two-tone effect (garden green ink, rolled with cocoa ink at the top and bottom of the image). I also added a folded paper ruffle that I've been wanting to try making for so long now using B&T from the Veranda paper packet (I sanded the B&T ruffle with sandpaper to give it that "well-worn" look). Well, it turns out that I like my card enough that I decided to use it as the NEW topper for my blog (yaay!! It's about time, right?!) I hope you like the change as much as I do, as I was getting tired of seeing the same card there for so long - since last Summer (you can see my old blog topper in the post before this one if you want to remember it fondly with me, lol). Out with the old and in with the NEW!!

**Update: I was thrilled to discover this morning (6/4) that this card was chosen as one of the Friday top 5 on the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog!! You can see that post by clicking here! Yaay - I am so excited - thank you for the honor ladies that chose me!!

4 comments:

Deneen said...

Awesome card, I love the colour combo.

Mary said...

Wow - very vintagey and cool - love the clip embellishment too. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

love the technique

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with H2H and congrats on making the Friday Five!