Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day 9

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post any new ideas for the Valentine's Day Countdown blog hop these past three days! Between helping my kids finish up their science fair projects that are due this week and being sick (again!), I've been struggling to squeeze in any creative time over the past few days. I am thrilled to be back to posting again today though, and I hope you will enjoy this very easy but super cool idea! It's so simple, just cover a pack of gum (with matchbox-style packaging - the kind that slides out from a sleeve) with your favorite background and texture paper and embellish! You could use stamping, but for this particular design I used only paper and My Stickease (adhesive die-cut stickers) from the NEW Sophia My Reflections kit X7131B and X7131C.
Before and After pics (above)
Here's a photo of all the supplies I used to dress-up my sweet little gift (above). For now, you can still purchase the recently retired "Tiny Tabs" I used, online here from my myctmh website for just $2 a pack (49% off) during our special "while supplies last" clearance sale! I ordered a few extra packs of Tiny Tabs last week, so if you live locally and are in need of some really quick (since V-day is less than a week away) feel free to let me know and I can get some to you for your own creating fast! I found that our local dollar store has this type of gum available in packs of 4 for just $1 each, so these could easily make for some affordable little Valentine's Day gifts the kids could give out to their friends and/or teacher's at school. It's also a great way to use up left-over My Stickease and paper scraps while making each and every one you create unique! I will be back again tomorrow to share another creative idea for Valentine's Day, so I hope you will come back and visit my blog again soon as we continue on with the countdown!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Jen! I can't believe how simple it is (doesn't look it!) and the tiny tabs make the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for sharing and glad to hear you're getting better! It's certainly going around in our neck of the woods, too.

Lori Miller said...

Oh, what a cute idea! I love it!

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen - I'm glad you are feeling better and the kids have their science project done because now you can share awesome projects like this with us! Very cute and I love the Tiny Tab accent!

Paige

Lela said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better Jen. This is an adorable idea and I'm just going to have to try this. What a great way to use up scraps and stickease leftovers! Very Fun! TFS