Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Events (and $5 Creative Class artwork!!)

I've had to change my usual class schedule quite a bit this month due to all of the family commitments that I have coming up every Saturday in October (it is such an exceptionally busy month for us)! This coming Saturday 10/8, we will need to start later than usual (7pm) due to having kids involved in the Marching Band/Field Show Tournament at Barstow High that afternoon and evening.

...and for those of you who have been asking, I have been working on designing a brand-new Christmas Card Workshop that will start on November 11th and 12th, so you can mark your calendar for that now too if you're interested (photos and more details to come soon)!!

Thurs. 10/6 (9am-11am) - Morning PLAYDATE
Friday 10/7 (6pm-10pm) - Evening PLAYDATE
Sat. 10/8 (7pm-10pm) - Evening PLAYDATE (notice the 7pm start time!!)
Thurs. 10/13 (9am-11am) - Morning PLAYDATE
Sat. 10/15 (10am-2pm) - Christmas Card Buffet @ LDS church ($1 per card)
Thurs. 10/20 (9am-11am) - Morning PLAYDATE
Friday 10/21 (6pm-10pm) - Evening PLAYDATE
Thurs. 10/27 (9am-11am) - Morning PLAYDATE

You will also notice that I am now using the term "PLAYDATE" to describe my events, so let me explain why. Instead of scheduling certain classes on specific dates, I have decided to be more flexible by offering you more time to come "PLAY" with me in my stamp room and you get to choose what exactly you will be creating and when. Here are all of your options this month:

$5 Creative Class: 
Make 3 items - two cards and a pocket-tag treat-holder for Halloween (shown below!) Price does not include adhesive (so bring your own or purchase from me as needed).

$5 Card Buffet: 
Choose and make any 3 cards from my stash of left-over pre-cut card kits from previous classes I've offered. Price does not include adhesive (so bring your own or purchase from me as needed).

Event Calendar Workshop: 
Finish the Event Calendar(s) you may have already started with me on 9/24 OR it's not too late to begin one or more of them now (I have 9 available kits left to sell)! Click here for photos of the project and details about pricing. Price does not include adhesive (so bring your own or purchase from me as needed).

Workshops on the Go kits (as shown in the Idea Book):
For around $20, you can make two beautiful two-page 12x12 layouts (4 pages), or for $29.95 (plus tax and s/h) you can create these same layouts and get to keep the matching C-size stamp set you've used to make them! Create any of the WOTG layouts with or without the bonus projects shown in the Idea Book when you pre-order your supplies at least a week before you plan to join me at a "playdate". I do have some of the more in demand kits already "in stock" for you to choose from while supplies last on a first come, first serve basis. I currently have ONE Roxie kit (p. 25), ONE Elemental kit (p. 31), TWO Sonoma kits (p. 43), ONE Believe kit (p. 55), and ONE Wonderland kit (p. 61) on hand available for purchase.

FREE Open Crop time:
Bring any supplies you already have to use to come and create to your heart's delight! You are welcome to use any of my stamps, inks, and tools as needed so you can get done whatever projects you want to finish! I also have a variety of cardstock and patterned papers available for you to purchase individually by the sheet to use as you create. You will want plenty of paper to use with my NEW Cricut machine and our AWESOME Art Philosophy cartridge if you you'd like to try it out (I would love to show you how)!!

PLEASE e-mail me, Facebook message me, or call/text my cell phone (760-220-0683) to RSVP at least a day before you plan to join us. Space is limited and I need to know ahead of time how many people to be prepared for on each date! THANKS so much for your rsvp's and I will look forward to seeing you at one or more of my upcoming events soon!!

$5 Creative Class Projects for October:
3.5" x 8" card (above) featuring the October SOTM - Holiday Magic S1110
with the Roxie papers X7140B
Pocket-tag Treat-holder for Halloween featuring the Captured Moments stamp set C1423 and Mischief papers X7114B (shown above and below) inspired by my friend, Nikka Geers. You can click on this link to Nikka's blog for her instructions how to make this using the "pillow box" cut from our Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (I cut my pillow box at 5.5" and the tag is cut from Olive cardstock at 4.5").
Standard size card (below) inspired by Wishes - Simple Expression (p. 40)
featuring the Remarkable Wreath stamp set C1473, Dreamin' paper pack X7142B,
and Glitz Bronze Glitter Gel Z1483.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Jen,
Thanks for all of the wonderful artwork. You are so kind to share. I have given you an award. Go to www.creativehands-hearts.blogspot.com to get it. Kim

Nikka Geers said...

Thanks for the props. Love your tag. I might steal the idea. Lol

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen -

Your projects are AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing the link / your cutting dimensions for the journaling tag project - I just love that one!

Paige