Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Rock the Block" Blog Hop!!

Welcome to my blog and thanks for joining us for our special "Rock the Block" blog hop! If you've just joined me from Krista's blog then you are on the correct path!
The "Rock the Block" kit is the new special promotion Close to my Heart is offering now through the end of January. You can purchase this kit that includes an E-size stamp set and My Creations Collage Cubes for just $15 with any $25 purchase from our Autumn/Winter Idea Book!
Here is just one side of my blocks completed...and I still have five more sides to go! I tied a ribbon around them to hold them all in place for now, but that ribbon will likely be adhered around the outside edge of the tray when it is all complete. I started by stamping a 6x6 piece of Olive cardstock and adding my photo and embellishing before I cut it up into 2x2 squares. Then I adhered them to the blocks with my tombow adhesive. I will come back and post more photos of the rest of the block sides once I am able to complete them. While this project was quite easy to put together once I got going, it took a lot of time at first deciding what photos I would be using. Once I'm finished, this will be something I can get out each year to display alongside all of my Christmas decorations! My four year-old already can't keep his hands off of it and I can foresee that it will be one of his favorite "puzzles" to play with every December!


Here is a view of the cubes (above) inside the tray before I covered them and the co-ordinating 8.5x11" stamp set (below). The blocks are made of paper and are hollow so they are light-weight. Notice how I started sponging the edges and corners of the block on top using a sponge dauber and Cocoa ink. This way I will be sure not to have any white edges showing once I get all of my 2x2 squares of paper adhered to them.
Well, I hope you like what I have shared with you so far!
You can now continue on the hop 
by visiting Jean's blog next! Enjoy!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful start to your set! I love what you did with it!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Beautiful!!!

Mary Eisen said...

Great start!

Unknown said...

Love this - great job :)

Diana Soling said...

beautiful family picture. Great job!!

Jean McNulty said...

Beautiful.I love it:)

Vicki Price said...

Love what you've done so far and can't wait to see the rest of it!

Wendy K. said...

I love the big picture!

Haley D. said...

What a great photo of your family! This makes such a great keepsake.

Romaine said...

Love what you have done!

Kathleen said...

Jen, what a wonderfuly family photo for this set! Beautiful!!