Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March SOTM Blog Hop!

Thank you for stopping by to enjoy our March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featuring this month's SOTM - Potential S1203! If you've arrived here from  
Mary's Blog then you are on the correct path.
The 6x6 card I've created this week is inspired by Originals - The Main Idea (p. 96). I've used paper from the Cruisin' paper pack Z7154B and a color combo that includes Black, Juniper, Twilight, and White Daisy. On the right side of the card I've done some "tone-on-tone" stamping using Juniper ink on Juniper cardstock to create my stamped background. I also sanded a few of my elements with sand-paper to reveal some of the white core of my cardstock to achieve that "shabby" look. While I absolutely LOVE the huge variety of different flower shapes I am able to cut with my CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge, I think that these flowers are my most favorite ones to use right now -
as I so love those heart-shaped petals!
There are so many lovely images included in this Stamp of the Month set! I think it would be fair to say that it definitely has lots of "potential"!! (pun intended) "wink" ;) and I look forward to creating more with this stamp set, as I already know it will be one of those sets I will find myself using over and over again!
Now you can continue on with our Blog Hop to be inspired by more creativity with this stamp set by visiting Traci's Blog next! Enjoy!!

14 comments:

Faeidnam said...

That is soo pretty!

Mary Eisen said...

love the card! Great paper choice.

Doreen said...

Great card... and I love how velvety your flowers look after being sanded! I had to do a double-take when I realized you used your Cricut to cut them! :)
~doreen at whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Annette Green said...

Gorgeous card. Great use of the masculine papers to create a deep rich-looking design.

Nikka Geers said...

Love the colors you chose. The ca rd looks great

Nancy said...

Very Pretty!!!

Pamela OConnor said...

Love this card, especially the flowers! =) Great job!

Unknown said...

Love this card, very unique! Great job matching this paper to this stamp set. Thanks for inspiring.

Traci Pasqualone said...

Stunning card. Love the rich colors and such clever embellishments!

Ruth G said...

Lovely color choices! I think the sanding you did adds a whole lot of dimension to the elements, too! TFS!

Katy said...

Love this card and that argyle B&T is one of my FAVORITES!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful, love the flowers and "ribbon"!

Adeline E. Brill said...

Leave it to you to create a simply STUNNING card! Love it!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Love, love - LOVE your card!!! Amazed at how elegant the Crusin' paper pack can look! :) I also LOVE the idea of sanding the Cricut flowers!!! Thanks for your inspiration!!!