Friday, April 13, 2012

A Bow-wow Card for H2H April Sketch Challenge!!

I spent a little time playin' in my craft room this afternoon! I was saddened to realize that it is already the last day of Spring Break for my kids and I, so I needed a little cheering up. I really enjoyed hearing the pitter-patter of rain and seeing the storm just outside my window while I created. I made this standard-size card using the new "Dotty for You" papers that will be available for customers to start purchasing very soon (April 17th)! I also used just a little bit of one of the B&T patterns from the Cruisin' paper packet X7154B (can you spot it? here's a hint...the paper is grey wool in color and it doesn't include dots). I LOVE this bright and bold color combo that makes me feel ready Spring: Creme Brulee, Lagoon, and Sunset with some Grey Wool thrown in as well (don't you know...Grey is the new Black! lol). Using these fun colors was just the thing I needed to cheer me up! I also used black ink and a Grey Flannel marker to do just a little coloring and shading on the dog. My card design is inspired by this weeks Heart 2 Heart Blog Sketch Challenge!
 

5 comments:

Haley D. said...

Such an adorable take on the H2H sketch challenge! Thanks for taking it. That Dotty for You paper is so cute paired w/the A Bowwow stamp set!

Patty said...

love this stamp set with the Dotty for you papers!

Tamytha said...

What a cute card! Love how you stamped the do onto b&t paper. It all came together so nicely! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

Amy Moore said...

The Dotty papers makes this little pooch look fun and energetic!! Great job on the sketch this week at Heart 2 Heart!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Way to make an adorable doggie card! I really like the B&T for the puppy with the gray dotted paper! Thanks for playing H2H!